Retail Fulfilment Operations (RFO) Program Team Manager - EMEIA
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
This role presents the opportunity to join the dynamic leadership team of EMEiA Retail Fulfilment Operations (RFO) in Cork. The RFO organisation is the “Voice of Retail in Operations” directly partnering with the Retail teams - Digital and Physical Stores. The team supports the fulfilment execution processes both directly and indirectly as well providing key strategic engagement around fulfilment enhancement initiatives for Retail. This role will involve working closely with local and global partners in Retail (Digital and Retail Stores), BPR as well as other functions within Operations to deliver key capabilities to enhance our fulfilment offerings and to continue to scale the operation. This is a high profile role and will suit a dynamic, energetic individual, with the motivate to grow their scope over time who can demonstrate expertise and skills in the following areas: Excellent communication and people management skills, a positive and professional “Customer focused” attitude. Proven ability to learn complex system and process information - then be in a position to simplify and deliver automation. Flexibility, adaptability and proven ability to work under pressure. Develop strong cross-functional relationships with worldwide and local Operations as well as the Retail teams
- Project management experience
- People manager with experience of developing and motivating talent or an individual contributor with proven track record demonstrating the ability to work cross functionally & influence strategic direction with out immediate control.
- Proven ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrix organisation.
- Proficient in Keynote and Excel
- Superb communication and positive energy and attitude
- Strong work ethic, perseverance and flexibility
- Razor-sharp analytical skills, should have the ability to evaluate, analyse and present data to executive level
- Practical and proactive approach to problem solving, solution oriented
Responsible for the coordination of the EMEiA RFO engagement in Retail projects and initiatives to drive benefits associated with convenience, speed, clarity, cost and coverage for both Digital and Physical Stores. In conjunction with Retail and Operations partners, define and drive the Retail Fulfilment Roadmap Lead and support the team in strategic market benchmarking and developing business cases/ proposals for the future functionalities and enhancements for both Online and Stores. Requirement to work cross functionally with teams both inside and outside of Operations to drive this activity (e.g. Finance, Online and Stores). Pro-actively define success criteria for new capabilities and partner with Retail and Operations to ensure reporting and metrics are established prior to go live. Ensure actual results are measured and tracked against these criteria. Be the lead communication link into the Worldwide RFO Fulfilment organisation. Ensure that there is strong communications to support an excellent partnership and knowledge of the engagements (i) Locally of global initiatives and (ii) Global knowledge of the local initiatives. The seamless and effective communication between the Global and Regional teams is key to support successful execution. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine requirements, identify dependencies and interdependencies across the various delivery roadmap and capital project tracks. In particular drive a pro-active and positive engagement with BPR to ensure a seamless engagement across capital and non capital initiatives. Be a key member of the RFO Management team supporting the overall strategic direction of the organisation as well a strong development and talent management framework/ philosophy for the organisation.
Education & Experience
- - Ability to demonstrate familiarity with Program Management methodology.
- - SAP Knowledge beneficial
- - This person will be need to develop a detailed knowledge of the Apple systems and processes
- - Good Communication, time management and analytical Skills
- - Ability and willingness to learn and accept feedback from end-users.
- - Ability to listen and provide clear input
- - Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment cross-regionally and also cross-functionally