Director, AppleCare Sales (WW)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job... Just be prepared to dream big! As part of the AppleCare Business Development team, you will be responsible for aligning people, projects, and programs across multiple divisions to ensure flawless execution of Worldwide sales strategies and programs. You will lead a team focused on delivering top-line results for the AppleCare division as a part of Apple’s broader Services strategy. The Director of Business Development is responsible for developing partnerships, formulating strategies, and delivering innovative programs in support of WW sales goals. This senior role is critical in identifying and building new commercial models for AppleCare and developing partnerships that deliver impact and scale. You will work with a cross-functional team in developing strategies and cases, structuring and driving partnerships, and pivotal initiatives to grow our AppleCare Services business worldwide.
- Extensive experience of sales leadership, commercial deal development and sales execution in warranty and insurance services.
- Established strong business network at Senior Executive level - you will have proven ability in managing senior executive relationships, both externally and internally
- Deep understanding of the B2C and B2B service business and go-to-market strategies for extended service and support agreements.
- A comprehensive understanding and expertise in insurance market internationally, including market research, competitive offers and consumer trends.
- Demonstrate a passion, energy and focus on developing and growing multi-million dollar business programs globally.
- Have an extraordinary business development and partnership management track record.
- A strong command of business and financial modeling is crucial to success in this role.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with an analytical orientation, strategic vision, and strong executional track record.
- Strong quantitative and decision-making skills with ability to synthesize and distill large amounts of data into action plans.
- Demonstrated success providing vision and strategy while leading and developing high- performance teams in a dynamic, global organization.
- In this role you will lead AppleCare business across the all regions leading Business Development professionals across the region in identifying and generating new partnerships with Carrier and Retail partners from start to execution including contract negotiation. - Evaluate proposals and drive negotiations with reseller partners. - Lead and manage sales teams, legal, and marketing to enable the successful launch of new partners. - Build cases to model impact of partnership programs in conjunction with analyst resourcing and gain alignment to target markets and potential partners. - Manage a team of analysts to lead development of commercial offers globally. - Build cases internally and externally focused to create opportunities for growth. - Manage ongoing commercials and financial structures to drive performance. - Lead negotiations with key partners worldwide to drive adoption of AppleCare service and support solutions. - Conduct quarterly reviews with senior executive leadership, present and promote partnerships to ensure resourcing is allocated to their success. - Work with management and Route-to-Market Leaders to influence and direct the AppleCare Sales strategy to continuously improve and accelerate sales. - Have the ability to create succinct communication materials and communicate to a wide range of leaders across functions, organizational levels and cultures, including regular senior level communications.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree plus extensive leadership experience in service industry. - MS/MBA preferred.
- Up to 50% travel required with an average of at least one week out of every month. Ability to travel internationally when required.