Third Party Security Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
This position can be located in San Francisco (CA), Santa Clara Valley (CA), Seattle (WA), or Austin (TX). Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking an extraordinary Supplier Trust Manager focused on program governance and risk remediation. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment where both individual drive and team and cross-functional collaboration are the keys to success. You’ll be working across all of Apple driving supplier assessment and security improvement initiatives with a specific focus on reducing risk exposed through our supplier relationships and further improving Apple’s security posture! Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results..
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience in the security field
- Demonstrable understanding of cybersecurity risk assessment and risk management methodologies. Key qualification includes deep understanding of security and technical domains to best inform the program and assessment execution.
- Ability to lead and support enterprise wide information security and cyber risk assessments with technical and non-technical teams
- Experience leading, promoting, and innovating on risk discussions based on qualitative and quantitative data
- Expertise across common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT, NIST, including 800-53 and Cybersecurity Framework as well as regulatory requirements from HIPAA, GDPR
- Ability to abstract technical concepts into formats tailored for all audiences including senior leadership
- Superb communication and collaboration skills. Role will require cross-business partnerships across Legal, Procurement, and supporting security teams across Apple
- Good communication skills in discussing technical issues with business partners of all levels of technical expertise. Ability to generate buy-in and commitment from both internal and external stakeholders on the program’s direction and value
- Experience managing and building a collaborative, productive, and innovative team
- Proactively identify and define recommendations for information security risk issues by working with multiple teams across Apple, including privacy, compliance, legal, etc.
As a manager of the security team, you will oversee the Apple Information Security Supplier Trust Assessment and Remediation program which entails aligning security expectations for Apple’s suppliers with Apple business needs. You will interact with senior management teams across Apple who need assistance in solving security programs. You will provide leadership and oversight to the Supplier Trust assessment and remediation program. Your team will not only be responsible for the supplier assessment program and execution but define transformative solutions for how the supplier assessment operates to maintain operational efficiency.
Education & Experience
BS or MS Degree or equivalent work experience