Silicon Validation Engineer - Graduate (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
At Apple, we believe our products begin with our people. By hiring a team with dynamic strengths, we drive creative thought. By giving that team everything they need, we drive innovation. By hiring incredible engineers, we drive precision. And through our process, we build memorable experiences for our customers. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a hands-on development team that cultivates perfection, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Silicon Engineering team in Munich is seeking a forward-thinking and innovative Silicon Validation Graduate Engineer with a real passion for building new technologies. In this role, you will be responsible for the validation of Analog and Mixed Signal Power Management circuits for battery-operated portable devices.
- A good understanding of analog circuits, ideally with basic knowledge of switching converters (DC-DCs) and linear regulators (LDOs)
- Programming language experience (e.g. Python, C++, or similar)
- An outstanding sense of and drive for quality of deliverables
- Coursework focusing on analog circuits
- Course lab work, focusing on analog measurement techniques and report-writing
- Experience working with schematics and PCB layouts
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent academic results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; always enthusiastic to collaborate and take on diverse challenges with international teams
As a key member of the Silicon Validation team, you will ensure that we deliver high quality silicon to customers. In this role you will support: - Bench test, debug and validation of analog and digital IC circuits - System characterization to ensure IC specification compliance - Development of Python scripts to validate IC performance across wafer process variation, across the operating voltage range and across the temperature range - Debug of chip-level and board-level issues - Generation of high quality written reports - Develop automation scripts, software and microcontroller firmware for measurement data collection, post-processing and analysis - Board-level circuit design, schematic capture, and PCB layout reviews
Education & Experience
Master's Degree in EE or equivalent field is required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.