Operations Product Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We believe the people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder thatʼs revolutionized entire industries. We believe itʼs the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! The Retail Preservation team in RDDM (Retail Development, Design & Merchandising) is looking for an experienced Operations Product Manager to join our team to work to help lead and manage technology projects and future technology needs for the different business units in Retail Preservation. The individual will work with the business leads to develop and implement business strategies, define business processes, identify creative ways to perform cost savings and improve efficiency using modern technology solutions. The candidate should be a self-starter, a great teammate and willing to roll up their sleeves to support the team when needed.
- 6-10 years of experience as a Project, Product or Program Manager in technology space.
- Good product sense and understanding of technology product development life cycle.
- Self-starter with highly developed curiosity and problem-solving skills.
- Has led mid-size to large, sophisticated projects (in terms of scope risk, integrations, etc.).
- Has proactively resolved problems within and between project teams.
- Consistent track record of prioritizing tasks and organizing workload.
- Ability to influence and partner with various partners within the organization, to achieve results.
- Proven experience operating in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong business acumen with an ability to synthesize and analyze data quickly and rely on complicated data in digestible terms.
- Experience in all phases of product, software, and testing lifecycles.
- Able to serve as a liaison between both business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs.
- An expert relationship builder who is proven to team effectively with key internal partners.
- Able to proactively identify risks, and drive action to mitigate and resolve issues.
- Experience leading Agile ceremonies including sprint planning, review, demo, and stand-up sessions.
- Product strategy development, ideation workshops, governance, and efficiency.
- Business process optimization, sourcing, and vendor strategy.
- Drive current state assessments, evaluate results, and present findings in a logical and easy-to- understand manner. - Define future state visions and prioritization of opportunity areas that deliver value across people, process, technology & information - Perform gap analyses to determine areas that need to be addressed based on current versus future state - Identify realistic and executable strategies focused on planning and developing roadmaps, communication plans, governance structures and project prioritization for execution - Collaborate with partners to define the product, identify requirements, and thinking critically about what will make it successful; write user stories that effectively communicate the Product Ownerʼs requirements for software development teams. - Partner with our Digital Business Solutions teams, in particular the Technical Architect and the Technical Program Manager to define and validate the technical approach, strategy, and results for the project. - Attend and lead meetings; provide project status reporting to management; assist with testing scenarios, and validate results. - Prepare and deliver project status updates to business leadership.
Education & Experience
Bachelorʼs degree in Computer Science, or other related field is preferred