Video QA Engineer
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Mac Systems Quality team is seeking a QA Engineer to test a variety of Pro video applications/technologies and workflows on Apple Mac products and ensuring a high-quality customer experience. We need someone who is comfortable working in an exciting environment with constantly evolving priorities, someone creative and inspired to help create better products. You will play a meaningful part in our company’s product development and will conduct tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets Apple's and customer's expectations. In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent interpersonal skills. Ultimately, you will ensure that our products, applications and systems work correctly. If you have knowledge of computer architecture and what helps deliver a great customer experience for those working with Video editing applications we’d like to meet you.
- Exposure to Video editing software (e.g., Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, Motion and Final Cut)
- Knowledge of video file formats, compression, bit depth etc used in Video Applications
- Knowledge of computer hardware technology
- Ability to write scripts to perform automated tasks
- Self-motivated individual with strong technical, problem solving and communication skills and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- ***Beneficial additional knowledge***
- MacOS and Apple Mac familiarity
- Experience testing graphics or media technologies
- Training in digital video technology, multimedia production, audio video troubleshooting, audio-visual technology or similar.
- This role will provide quality assurance of Apple's Mac products using Apple and 3rd Party Video related applications. Application-level testing and reporting of issues is a core responsibility. - Your responsibilities include crafting and implementing workflows to aid with uncovering and reporting of issues to improve our product quality. - You will work closely with other team members to develop requirements, identify appropriate testing implementations processes, and methodologies. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and with making educated, critical judgments in the absence of complete requirements. Capture, monitor, and analyze test results to ensure a quality end-to-end experience for customers. - Be effective and organised at managing priorities and communicating progress as well as risk through regular status updates. Liaise with internal teams (e.g., developers and product managers) to identify system conditions and provide technical feedback to help debug difficult software issues - Additional responsibilities will include design and implementation of test plans and test cases. Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies and review of testing practises for improvement. You should be able to ramp up quickly on both existing and new technologies.
Education & Experience
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field