Senior Cloud Security Engineer - Apple Cloud Technologies
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
As part of our Cloud security engineering team, this role is responsible for developing technical platform capabilities, services, and tools to proactively control, manage and mitigate risks faced by Apple developing applications in the Cloud. The successful candidate will design and implement these capabilities adhering to Apple Information Security policies. This position requires practical knowledge of security concepts, automation, software engineering, and operations at scale. Understanding the security challenges of the platform will be the key focus for this role. Given that the security space is constantly evolving, drive to apply and learn new technologies will be another key asset. You will partner with a diverse set of application teams and engineers across Apple to understand their challenges, work through their issues, and provide platform solutions that can be adopted widely. Apple is seeking extraordinary Cloud Security Engineers with consistent track record with deep security knowledge, deep software design/architecture skills, technical software engineering skills using modern technology stacks delivering highly scalable complex software solutions deployed on Multicloud Platforms preferably AWS and GCP. Building and maintaining relationships with diverse sets of customers that use the platform will be equally critical to ensure the business units are successful. You will be joining a team of highly-skilled, enthusiastic, and passionate engineers working on this groundbreaking and constantly evolving space!
- - Cloud and Security industry certifications.
- - Knowledge of market trends in the cybersecurity industry (e.g., ransomware, attack frameworks, zero trust, etc)
- - Experience assessing and mitigating risks related to public cloud deployment (e.g. GCP AWS, etc.)
- - Experience working with cloud compute environments like AWS and GCP as well as Cloud native and related technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- - Understanding of networking concepts on Cloud such as VPCs, DNS PrivateZone, SLB, CDN, security group equivalents.
- - Understanding of container security such as container escape, malicious image, master/node security baseline
- - Experience implementing cloud native security controls using IAM, Config, Security Center, ActionTrail, CloudMonitor, KMS, WAF, etc.
- - Able to research, design, architect, and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies
- - Experience developing infrastructure and services in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.
- - Experience manually testing web applications or enterprise penetration testing
- - Proficient with various programming languages such as Go/Java / Python for automation or integration with multiple APIs (REST, gRPC, GraphQL etc)
- - Proficient in writing highly scalable, multi-threaded (use of concurrency primitives), and distributed microservices in Go, Java, preferable.
- - Experience with application and service monitoring tools and techniques
- - Experience working with open source projects
- - Proficient in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- - Excellent communications skills, capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management, in a professional manner
Be part of an engineering team scaling the core cloud platform for thousands of applications in a secure manner while focusing on automation of operations and high availability. Build, manage and integrate software to secure public cloud environments. Develop solutions that can support large capacity and scale reliably, in a 24/7 environment. Be the primary source of security review for the Cloud Engineering team. Collaborate with the Information Security Assessments teams to better understand and remediate the test findings coming from related security testing. Collaborate with Information Security Analysts and Incident Responders to ensure that all the preventative, detective, and adaptable actions are functioning. Collaborate with the Information Security Penetration Testing team to perform offensive security tests against the cloud platforms. Collaborate with the Information Security Vulnerability Management team to improve the network scanning, and cloud service provider configuration scanning.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science or Masters of Science in Computer Science and hands-on technology experience in large enterprise environments.