Cloud Software Engineer
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Cloud Infrastructure (ACI) team is building the next generation cloud compute services empowering Apple’s software developers to build the products our customers love. We're a fast-moving, highly-skilled team designing, developing and supporting the orchestrated, container-based compute platform that Apple’s server-side developers use to build, test and deploy their products. Our web-scale implementation hosts Apple’s core cloud services and has to stay highly available, secure, and "just work”. That's a tall order, and we're looking to add more talented, passionate engineers who enjoy solving distributed systems challenges and build solutions to a variety of outstanding security challenges. If you're curious, collaborative, and want to join us, we'd love to hear from you.
- 5+ years of work experience in infrastructure engineering experience. Having direct development experience in security engineering will be a huge plus.
- Advanced programming language proficiency in Go (or comparable object-oriented language) with experience designing and developing efficient, secured, scalable, and reliable production systems.
- Knowledge of development and integration (e.g. CI/CD)
- Keeps up with industry trends in security technology
- Languages: Golang
- Experience working on high volume services
- A critical eye for correct code
- Proficiency in testing your software
- Fluency navigating Linux production environments
- Understanding of OIDC/OAuth2, JWT (optional)
- Ability to parse user requirements and develop production-quality solutions.
- Love open source and collaboration, including direct participation in the Kubernetes and other cloud native communities!
Do you enjoy working on reliability, scalability, resilience, security, and performance limits of web-services? You should be curious about how systems work and, more meaningfully, how they fail. A domain expert with expertise in multiple technical areas, used to designing major features and able to resolve highly complex issues creatively and effectively taking ownership of major features and technologies to demonstrate a significant impact within the organization. Approach complex issues with creativity, ready to take risks and course-correct effectively to produce an impact on the organization through broad implementation of new ideas. Drive ideas from inception to implementation establishing a reputation sought out throughout the organization for advice and consultation through setting standards, process and technical direction. Work with security professionals to evaluate your teams code and design accordingly to their recommendations. Coordinate with SRE and be accountable for service level objectives to hit our targets. Ready to actively mentor engineers at all levels.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.