Education Sales Manager, Australia and New Zealand
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organisation generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. In this role, we want you to build the Education sales strategy with your peer group and your team, including sector-wide and territory specific plans, breakthrough strategies and innovative solutions to solve challenges and achieve sales targets. You build relationships, develop partner capabilities and ensure flawless execution across the business. We like great teammates, working closely with internal and external partners to create plans, delivering amazing customer experiences, and programs that scale the business and drive the adoption of the Apple ecosystem in Education. At the end of the day, we are here to help transform students personal learning experience — while growing revenue for Apple. To realise this goal, we gain deep understandings of the sectors we manage — at all levels from tactical to strategic. We create a vision that can encourage and inspire teachers to achieve the impossible using Apple products.
- 10+ years of sales, commercial or consulting experience
- 5+ years experience in successfully leading sales or commercial teams
- Detailed knowledge of the Australian and New Zealand education sectors with a demonstrated ability to engage with senior executives and influencer organisations at the state and national level
- Excellent contacts and networks across K-12 and Higher Education sectors
- Excellent networking and communications skills and ability to work effectively with senior executives and within dynamic organisations
- Fluent in sales operational responsibilities such as account management, account or territory planning, pipeline building, opportunity management and formal meetings such as Quarterly Business Reviews
- High quality preparation, presentation and project management skills
- Confident and articulate, with a clear ability to influence others, learn quickly and navigate diverse and demanding stakeholders with outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Ability to effectively engage with extended teams in the planning and execution of strategy and associated projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and to deal with ambiguity and adapt to and drive change as required
- Passion for how Apple technology can transform learning and teaching for students and staff.
- You build and lead a great Education Sales team through organising, developing, motivating and enabling them with the right tools and with real-time feedback. You inspire your team’s collaboration and foster a diverse and inclusive environment. - You drive your business/territory plans by influencing and collaborating cross-functionally with key collaborators to bring the best of Apple to the Education market. You work closely with different teams like Retail, Specialist Channel and National Retail partners’ leadership to build and implement business development plans and enable their success by providing programs, training and tools to grow their Apple business. - You implement Apple ANZ’s Education business development strategy by developing and owning key customer and partner relationships, collaborating with others to decide and coordinate the funding and prioritisation of partner activities in market and managing demand generation plans. Together as a team, optimise each partnership to deliver overall market growth objectives. - You are in the details of your sector’s performance and the financials which allows you to drive high quality outcomes. You mobilise resources for growth and delivery to drive sales activity and share status and progress with customers, partners and the relevant Apple teams. - You work with collaborators to develop new and exciting growth opportunities, innovate on flexible affordability and lifecycle solutions, drive relevant market activities and ultimately ensure sales growth through our channel partners. - You monitor key performance indicators of your team that support growth and enable forecasts on the overall health of your sector and territory plans to deliver results.
Education & Experience
You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education. Relevant tertiary education and industry qualifications would be beneficial
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.