Sr Systems Architect - Device Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for somebody who is passionate about complex systems design in the largest scale Apple platform environment in the world. Out of the box solutions don’t work for us. Everything we deploy requires deep thinking and resilient design to successfully achieve the responsiveness and reliability we need. If you have strong experience, big ideas and are excited at the thought of solving problems that haven’t been solved before, we want to talk to you! Mobile Device Management (MDM) plays a critical role keeping devices secure at Apple and is an essential tool that helps us deliver a user experience that meets the high expectations of our company’s employees. Our goal is to make the technology invisible so that everyone can focus on doing the work they love to do at the best of their ability. As the demand for our Corporate Device Management service continues to grow rapidly we are building a team capable of serving Apple’s needs at a global scale! We handle very large numbers of devices (macOS, iOS, iPadOS and tvOS) and support a wide variety of business units with unique needs that MDM can solve.
- Expert software architecture, system design, and problem solving skills.
- Expert understanding and hands-on experience in micro-services, cloud architecture, cloud infrastructure, and cloud-native technologies.
- Very strong knowledge of Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools and Mac Admin concepts.
- Jamf certifications are preferred but not essential.
- Strong understanding in networking and security.
- Experience with public cloud providers, e.g. AWS, GCP, etc.
- Experience with large-scale datacenter application deployments including monitoring and capacity planning.
Our device management services operate at a scale that was never anticipated. This presents many challenges in how we configure, deploy, maintain and support our systems. In addition, we are dependent on other sophisticated, non-standard, internal systems to integrate with ours. You will collaborate with software engineering, networking, security and identity to understand the complexity of our environment and ensure our systems are reliable, secure and can operate to the highest standards at scale. We are on the critical path for employee experience and efficiency when it comes to setting up employee devices. VPN, apps and security configurations all need to be deployed and sustained with the utmost reliability.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.