iOS Engineering Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple we want to make phenomenal products that empower people to improve their lives. The Retail Store Apps team is seeking a talented iOS Engineering Manager to lead an Applications development team. Our fantastic team of engineers build platforms that enable development of next generation features for our employees and customers. Come, join us in our dedication to leave the world better than we found it.
- At least 5+ years in software development, 3+ years in leading engineering initiatives.
- Experience developing and deploying high quality applications for iOS/iPadOS/watchOS in the App Store.
- Experience delivering customer facing and business critical applications.
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs, gRPC and working with backend team on a full-stack solution.
- Experience driving end-to-end engineering architecture and design for iOS app development.
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills.
- Strong grasp of iOS Apple development tools (e.g. Xcode, LLDB, and Instruments) and iOS/watchOS SDK.
- Ability to work well, respectfully and with empathy with others by listening, communicating clearly, and actively sharing knowledge.
- A track record of leading projects, mentoring peers, and collaborating with technical and business partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate between different teams and partners, making the right trade-offs in dealing with complexity and conflicting priorities.
We’re looking for a strong Engineering Manager / Tech lead who can lead the development of strategic iOS/iPadOS platforms that enable employees in Apple Retail Stores. In this role, you will: (1) Lead and manage the Applications Development team. (2) Help drive engineering and architecture for cross-functional programs. (3) Collaborate with our PM and Apple Retail Business teams to translate innovative product requirements to engineering specs. This position requires an ambitious manager with strong technical and interpersonal skills.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.