AR & VR CVML Engineering Manager, TDG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Do you want to push the limits of the best Augmented Reality platform in the world? Apple's Technology Development Group (TDG) delivers algorithms that drive revolutionary Apple products, including the augmented reality (AR) platform ARKit to create ground-breaking new products. Apple is looking for a driven and dedicated AR & VR CVML engineering manager to join our team. As a member of the Algorithms Department of the Technology Development Group, you have the unique and rewarding opportunity to work on upcoming releases of Apple products that delights and inspires millions of people every day! We invite you to work with us on crafting the future of Apple! To succeed within this role, you should have shown experience in several of the following areas:
- Leadership that can inspire high-performing individuals to develop innovative solutions for challenging problems
- Excellent state-of-the art hands-on computer vision and machine learning knowledge
- Proven track record of developing and shipping high-quality computer vision algorithms in the AR & VR space or related areas such as imaging, localization, graphics, etc.
- Several years of tech leadership experience in leading multiple diverse r&d investigations technically as well as personally
- Experience in driving incubation efforts with cross-functional collaboration ranging from UX all the way down to sensing hardware and silicon
- Excellent communication, presentation, and teamwork skills
- Excellent software design, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Proficiency in C++, Python is a plus
The Algorithms organization in Apple’s Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for a skilled computer vision and machine learning engineering manager, with a strong background in classical computer vision, sensing, signal processing, and deep learning. In this role, you will coordinate and drive highly collaborative algorithm research and development work to design end-to-end optimized systems for ambitious real-world problems in Virtual and Augmented Reality.
Education & Experience
PhD in computer vision, machine learning, computer science, signal processing, or equivalent industry experience with a track record of successful projects.