Sr. DevOps Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making an impact, joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and expansive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job! The Infrastructure Services team, which supports applications, projects and programs across all of IS&T, is looking for a highly motivated Sr. DevOps engineer to help support sophisticated, large-scale application and infrastructure initiatives. They will use technology to automate solutions and optimize processes focusing on applications and infrastructure engineering. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, hands-on, dynamic and detail oriented with a solid technical background.
- 5 years of experience in SRE / DevOps, system engineering, build/release/deployment and automation
- Demonstrated ability to program using a high-level programming language or scripting (Golang, Java, Python, Shell)
- Passionate about Continuous Build, Integration, Test and Delivery Systems
- Good understanding of distributed systems, APIs and cloud computing
- Experience implementing applications in private / public cloud infrastructure and container technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, GCP) platforms through migrations, scaling and day-to-day operations
- Knowledge in source control management such as Git, Github
- Experience developing software tools to deliver programmable infrastructure and environments (infrastructure as code)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Hands-on experience with logging tools (Splunk)
- Experience working with network load balancers (Ngnix, Netscaler)
- Solid grasp of Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra and Oracle.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills in a complex Unix/Linux systems environment application implementations
- Strong desire to drive automation in software development, implementation and deployment
You will be exposed to a variety of challenges supporting our infrastructure development team. This may include: - Developing and implementing new tools to streamline manual operations and processes. - Develop and maintain CI/CD pipeline systems for application development teams. - Prioritising production related issues along with other operational team members. - Conduct root cause analysis, resolve and implement long term fixes. - Expand capacity and improve performance of current operational systems.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- This position is part of a 24x7 on-call rotation.