Cellular RF Transmitter System Engineer – TX Algorithms Development (m/f/d)
Linz, Upper Austria, Austria
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We invite you to join our dynamic group, for the unique and rewarding opportunity to contribute to upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every day. Apple's RF systems engineering team is looking for a hard-working, independent engineer with a solid track record in the field of cellular RF transmitter system engineering. Our elite team shapes the mobile market with innovative RF innovations while being fully accountable for execution and commitments on timeline and quality. Come and deliver leading-edge transmit architectures and solutions for Apple’s wireless products that enable a unique customer experience!
- First-hand experience in sophisticated hardware characterization and deep-dive performance analysis of complex TX features like envelope tracking, digital predistortion and power control.
- Theoretical knowledge in the fields of predistortion, envelope tracking and other novel concepts to reduce PA power consumption.
- Experience in simulations of TX line-up consisting of digital and analog front-end (either as extracted model or embedded HW) is a plus.
- Profound knowledge and experience with Matlab incl. control of bench test equipment.
- Understanding of cellular radio standards is desired (LTE, 5G NR), as well as key performance metrics for wireless communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential to have.
In this role, you will be part of the outstanding cellular RF Systems Engineering Team. You will work closely with other systems engineers, RF design teams and SW teams. You’ll drive RF innovations of cellular transmitters with uncompromised focus on leading-edge performance under real-life conditions and clear differentiation from driven solutions. Responsibilities include; - Analyze the performance of TX features and algorithms by sophisticated bench characterization methodologies. - Develop new methodologies to test RF front-end components and complete TX line-ups for extracting feature-specific key metrics and characteristics as baseline for specification and performance analysis. - Extract simulation models of analog components based on characterization data. - Run TX line-up simulations with embedded HW components in simulation chain. - Contribute to the development of next generation TX features by running prototype testing of new algorithms. - Cross-functional collaboration with other Apple teams.
Education & Experience
BSEE or MSEE is required. We would prefer a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.