Product Design Producer - Services Platform
New York City, New York, United States
At Apple great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. The Services Platform design team develops new products and works on features to grow existing subscription services and commerce ecosystems. We are seeking an enthusiastic Design Producer to support the Services Platform design team. Often supporting multiple concurrent projects with competing priorities, the Design Producer will work closely with design, business, marketing, and engineering teams, as well as executive stakeholders. In collaboration with their partners, they will work to clarify project requirements, define design goals and strategy, lead and facilitate design reviews, and represent design in cross-functional forums to ensure a quality launch of the final feature. With Design at the heart of Apple and the work that we do, the Design Producer will play a big part in upholding these values and driving innovation and creativity though our design work. This individual has a passion for commerce systems, growing services, and a thorough knowledge of today’s landscape.
- 5+ years as a producer in software design, digital or creative agency experience preferred.
- Experience leading and driving consumer facing design initiatives.
- Keen ability to build trust with cross functional partners and internal design members.
- Proven ability to triage and prioritize design requests with competing priorities.
- Thorough understanding of UX/UI ideation, execution, and delivery processes.
- Thorough understanding of desktop and native mobile design best practices.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and drive results while juggling many projects and priorities.
- Keen ability to grasp complexity quickly and to focus on key issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient with Keynote and Quip.
- Basic Sketch knowledge.
- A passion for Apple, its products, and its customers.
- A passion for commerce systems and growth.
The Services Platform Design Producer will play a big part in driving innovation and creativity through our design work. They will be part of a number of cross-functional teams working on features to grow the commerce ecosystem and subscriptions landscape within Apple. We seek someone who works collaboratively, has a positive outlook and excellent communication skills, is resourceful and organized, and has a passion for design. Responsibilities * Manage cross functional relationships and partnerships while representing the design team. * Triaging incoming requests and prioritize design work * Facilitate meetings and design reviews. * Gather key ideas, decisions, issues, and action items in meeting notes. * Partner with Design DRIs to deliver action items or source additional information. * Support design brainstorms and workshops. * Track and report project health on a weekly basis, including communicating status and impending or projected results. * Negotiate priorities for the design team given limited resources and ambitious schedules. * Support team in roadmap planning and cross-functional shares. * Ensure timely handoff of design guidelines and visual specs to engineering. * Review builds to ensure design integrity has remained intact during implementation. * Constantly improve processes and communications in an ever-changing, fast-paced working environment.
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent