iPhone Touch Sensor Design Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Design, develop & launch next-generation Touch Sensor Technologies for iPhone. The goal of the iPhone Touch Sensing Technology team is to enable the world’s best User Experiences through innovative sensing solutions. The team designs, develops, and delivers high-precision, low-latency MultiTouch solutions that are the gold standard in the smartphone/mobile industries. New challenges arise every day that require innovation across several technical, including EE, Math, Physics, and Algorithms. Come join us in delivering technology from proof-of-concept through ultra-high-volume production! Our team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence and creativity. We are looking for a Hardware Engineer that can help close the gap between design and manufacturing by working closely with the various factory teams to lead the integration of touch technology into products. This is done in partnership with multiple field teams including, but not limited to factory, architecture, FW, system EE, silicon, noise and vibration, safety, thermal, reliability, operations, regulatory teams, SW, QA and more.
- Strong EE background in analog & mixed-signal design, physics
- Knowledge and experience in sensor design preferred. Any background in touch sensor would be advantageous
- Leadership skills, ability to thrive in ambiguity and align efforts across teams
- Strong communication (written & verbal) in both English and Mandarin
- Experience with statistical analysis of production data (familiarity with JMP is a plus)
- Proficiency in MATLAB and Python scripting tools
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and appetite for innovation, rigor & healthy paranoia
- Great teammate with the ability to work independently and drive things with minimal supervision
- Frequent travel within China will be required, depending on project requirement
- Fluent English and Chinese
You will play a key role in designing, developing, integrating, and launching next-generation touch sensing technologies. Your responsibilities will include: - Lead factory vendor activities and manage factory vendor team deliverables - Contribute to sensor technology scoping and proof-of-concept investigations. - Collaborate with multi-functional partners, including Software, Firmware, Algorithm Engineering, Display Engineering, Mechanical etc. - Module test and feature validation across all supply chain nodes. - Failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving. - System-level problem solving - failure analysis, root cause & corrective action proposal. - Frequent business travel required (Primarily within China. To a lesser extent USA)
Education & Experience
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or, - M.S. in Electrical Engineering or, - BS in Electrical Engineering + 3 years of industry experience.