Display Optical Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is searching for a candidate on the optical simulation, design, and validation of the next generation Apple displays, as well as future display technology development.
- 1-2 expertise subsets of the following fields are required: optics, physics, optical components (lens, film, thin film coating etc), image processing, machine learning, computer science.
- A broad engineering background encompassing display technologies, optical simulation (LightTools, Speos etc), electric engineering is desired.
- Proficiency of using programing languages (MATLAB, Python etc) and statistic tools (JMP etc) to tackle practical engineering problems.
- Hands-on experience in high volume mass production consumer electronics, display related system strongly preferred.
- Experience in working closely with cross-functional teams, as well as with overseas suppliers, is desired.
- Strong analytical & critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Concise & effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills in
- English & people skills.
- Able to travel oversea.
Key responsibilities: • Display module optical design and preliminary specifications with justifications • Characterize prototypes and perform big data analysis on manufacturing build units • Develop advanced metrics to quantify image quality with corresponding specifications • Drive failure analysis on display optical issues and develop corresponding mitigations • Develop optical component technologies for future display implementation
Education & Experience
This position typically requires BS/MS/Ph.D degree in physics, optics, or related fields with minimum 1-3 years of experience.