WW Sales BPR Program Manager, Compliance
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! You will play a meaningful role within the Project Management Office (PMO) to support all of Apple WW Sales project teams. This role would work in a range of capacities from planning strategies, through portfolio management and governance, and down to supporting individual project requests. As a key focus, you will assist with providing accountability and resolution for privacy related matters in WW Sales and act as a point of contact for Privacy Legal and Compliance, liaising between Sales Teams and our Privacy partners. In addition, you will play a key role in the delivery of key programs which cut across the normal structure of the project delivery organization and are very high profile in nature.
- Deep understanding of project, program and portfolio planning and delivery to the level that they can set standards, propose policy and coach others.
- Knowledge of general Privacy policies and/or regulatory requirements
- Ability to clearly articulate strategy and requirements to collaborators, legal teams, engineering and business partners.
- Ability to establish rapport, credibility and influence others to get results across a broad cross functional team.
- Experience leading compliance initiatives
- Possess strong decision making and prioritization skills
- Well versed in multiple styles of Release & Change Management processes including Agile/Scrum, Waterfall and Iterative
- Minimum of 8+ years of managing complex and highly integrated projects
- Strong analytical skills with continuous process improvement mind set. Ability to use data to tell a story, drive root cause analysis and extract concrete insight.
- Passionate about driving quality within a project organization
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal, written and presentation. Interest in fostering positive relationships and ability to communicate at all organization levels
- Ability to facilitate Brainstorming sessions to gather lessons learned from implementation with business and BPR, and Information Technology group (IS&T)
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to influence others and an ability to quickly establish trust and credibility
- High level of professionalism, energy and sense of urgency to “make things happen”
- Self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a global, matrixed, fast-paced environment with high levels of complexity and ambiguity and will have experience with agile method of working.
- Curious, flexible, results oriented and a dedicated problem solver.
- Innovative mind set and ability to think “out of the box”, challenge status-quo and incorporate industry standard methodologies.
- Prior consulting experience with Big 4 Consulting Firms is desirable, but not required.
The PMO is a supporting part of the global Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) teams. These BPR teams are the project and business change management function within Apple Sales. Our PMO has a number of key responsibilities: Be the subject matter expert. Assess, document, and communicate the efforts with operational partners to apply changes to store policies, procedures and customer experience to be aligned with privacy rules and regulations. Lead audits when required. Provide risk assessments to business partners with guidance from Privacy Legal. Support tracking remediation efforts associated with audits and assist with responses to privacy issues. Document and track privacy efforts related to new or revised system releases and process; evaluate and mitigate privacy risks. Provide tracking of each issue and regular status updates to the Privacy Champion and Privacy Legal and Compliance. Update collaboration tools for cross-functional partnerships. Help with maintaining (or creating) performance tracking for Privacy metrics. Engage with Apple Legal Team to determine commercial risks and impacts. Consult with the Sales Teams to address co-employment matters. Partnership with the regional teams to gain Works Council approvals. Running the management system which the BPR teams use to stay aligned and communicate internally. Acting as a program management function for key cross functional initiatives within Sales. You may be called on to step into a critical program delivery role under pressure for a short window of time to assure the delivery of highly visible cross functional programs.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree PMI/PMP certification preferred
- Knowledge of sales processes and operations is preferred
- Prior privacy experience suggested
- Knowledge of insider trading policy preferred
- Knowledge of global privacy policies such as: GDPR, PIPL, LGPD, CCPA preferred
- Experience working in Numbers, Pages, Keynote; Microsoft Word and Excel; JIRA suggested
- Six Sigma preferred
- Design Thinking preferred
- Agile, SCRUM & Salesforce certification (s) pre