Hardware Architecture Team Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Project Group (SPG) at Apple is currently looking for an exceptional candidate to lead the Hardware Architecture Team. The Hardware Architecture Team is responsible for defining and specifying hardware architecture for Apple’s autonomous system development. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? If you're passionate about the user experience and want to be part of a group that works on shaping very early-stage technology, we may be the team for you!
- Extensive experience with system architecture and associated tradeoffs for complex electronic systems that span hardware, software and mechanical aspects
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with a wide range of stakeholders including EE design, software, mechanical engineering, thermal, etc.
- Ability to develop system architecture options that meet requirements, analyze system performance, and make recommendations based on various optimization criteria.
- Strong system modeling experience at functional and physical levels, preferably in SysML and/or Matlab Simulink.
- Familiarity with autonomous systems and associated technologies including high performance compute, sensing and actuation sub-systems.
- Working knowledge of CAN, LIN, Ethernet, and high-speed serial links
- 5+ years of technical managerial experience
We are looking for talented candidates proven technical managerial track record, with strong system-level hardware architecture expertise (compute, sensing, user interfaces, power, and interconnect) and familiarity with system modeling for complex electronic systems. The role requires guiding a team of architects and contributing to the process of proposing and developing trade analysis of system architecture options against various cost functions.
Education & Experience
B.S./M.S. EE with 15+ years or Ph.D. EE with 10+ of relevant industry experience