Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. The Marcom 3DVM team owns the development of physical deliverables in support of the Marcom group’s initiatives and creative intent. Our responsibilities include developing and deploying sophisticated visual merchandising experiences, installations, fixtures, displays, and design solutions for Apple’s physical environments including Retail, Channel, and Press Events. Apple is looking for an industrial or experience/installation designer with a background crafting beautiful, story-driven, human-centered touchpoints at multiple scales to join Marcom’s 3D/Visual Merchandising Design team. You will work with a multi-disciplinary group of designers and partners focused on crafting innovative and inspiring physical experiences based around Apple’s products, services, and spaces.
- 3-5 years of design agency experience or similar professional practice
- Detailed design process from concept to development to execution, shown through a portfolio of work
- Extraordinary eye for detail
- A clear sense of passion and curiosity
- Strong sense of storytelling and a point of view informing creative executions
- Collaborative, with strong communication skills and the ability to articulate ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledgeable in manufacturing, materials, and general physical build and engineering principles. Experience working with internal or external partners and outside suppliers to overcome development and manufacturing challenges in the delivery of a design.
- Proficiency in NURBS-based or surface-based 3D modeling (Rhino/Alias/NX) and visualization software on Mac OS platforms (Keyshot or similar)
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator)
- You are adept at time management and organization and able to work within tight timeframes
Develop and improve designs, through an iterative process, tailored to meet objectives for Apple product launches. Anticipate new behaviors, needs, or adaptations to existing experiences, tools, and environments based on Apple’s roadmap for products, services, and technologies. Design for holistic experiences across multiple touchpoints Work closely with other Marcom creative teams as well as partners across multiple Apple divisions, including Industrial Design, Product Marketing, and Apple Retail. Support the broader success of the creative team through collaboration, discussion, and open sharing of ideas and feedback on projects that may or may not be your own assignment. Work closely with production, development, and R&D teams to bring ideas to life Produce design development and/or intent packages for production and fabrication Regularly review creative work with the team’s senior creative leaders to get feedback on direction and ensure alignment with other activities in the group. Participate in presentations or meetings as appropriate.
Education & Experience
BFA in an applied design field such as Industrial design, Furniture design, interiors, architecture, Experience Design, graphic design or similar field. Fine arts or other undergraduate backgrounds can be considered in combination with a further advanced degree in an applied 3D-based design field.