Opportunities at Apple Shanghai Battery Lab
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Shanghai Battery Lab is looking for a hands on Material Handler Supervisor who will be responsible for executing Inventory Management as related to the development of batteries for Apple products. The ideal candidate will have solid background in managing inventory, shipping, receiving, and purchasing.
- Experience in managing a small team, recruitment, training and employee development
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Impeccable organization and documentation skills.
- Competent in using productivity tools like Pages, Numbers, Keynote, MS Excel, Word and Project.
- Ability to work in close cooperation with cross-functional teams of professionals.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Familiarity with international shipping practices including Li-ion battery regulations preferred.
- Experience in recording detailed and accurate summaries of shipments and stock.
- Experience with maintaining an inventory database.
- Able to effectively contribute to a dynamic and often fast-paced, high pressure work environment.
- EXPERIENCE WITH ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS INVENTORY
- Experience with inventory management
- Experience with shipping, receiving, purchasing and lab consumables
- Manage a small team of material handlers within the Shanghai Lab. - Organize and maintain material, parts and equipment inventory and storage areas. - Coordination of test samples for distribution to lab technicians and other Apple groups for test and experimentation. - Create and implement continuous improvement plans for material handling and order processing. - Coordinate sending and receiving of returned units, test units, equipment and other items as needed. - Maintain inventory list for equipment by type and location. - Perform yearly equipment inventory for all battery labs. - Order parts and equipment for lab. - Able to program manage testing inventories base on priorities provided by cross functional team. - Interface with Facilities and EH&S for regular safety checks on areas within the lab.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree or higher in a relevant subject area.