Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Hardware Architecture Team in the Special Projects Group (SPG) is responsible for defining and specifying hardware architecture for Apple’s autonomous system development.
- Extensive experience with system architecture and associated tradeoffs for complex electronic systems that span hardware, software and mechanical aspects
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with a wide range of stakeholders including EE design, software, mechanical engineering, thermal, etc.
- Ability to develop system architecture options that meet requirements, analyze system performance, and make recommendations based on various optimization criteria.
- Strong system modeling experience at functional and physical levels, preferably in SysML and/or Matlab Simulink.
- Familiarity with autonomous systems and associated technologies including high performance compute, sensing and actuation sub-systems.
- Working knowledge of CAN, LIN, Ethernet, and high-speed serial links
- Strong understanding of analog and digital circuit design
We are looking for talented candidates with strong system-level hardware architecture expertise (compute, sensing, user interfaces, power, and interconnect) and familiarity with system modeling for complex electronic systems. The role requires proposing and developing trade analysis of system architecture options against various cost functions. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? If you're passionate about the user experience and want to be part of a group that works on shaping very early-stage technology, we may be the team for you!