Hardware Engineer - Apple Home
Culver City, California, United States
At Apple, we're passionate about designing products and delivering experiences that millions around the world have come to love. This is a place where extraordinary ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products and services. In recent years, Apple Home devices and services have become a staple among Apple's elite product line. As we continue to push the boundaries of what's possible, Our Beats & Home organization has been hard at work continuously innovating new features and products. A key factor in this effort is our Hardware Integration Team. This team is a rapidly growing, diverse group of engineers developing technology integrations that help define how users interact with Apple Home products. To help drive this mission, we are seeking an accomplished Hardware Engineer who will own critical electrical designs from concept to productization. This person will be part of a hands-on team that specifies the product, collaborates to solidify architecture, and improves our overall design of HW systems. Does this sound like you?
- Demonstrated experience working in consumer electronics, focusing on hardware system design. Role will be tailored to experience level.
- Strong EE fundamentals on analog circuits (DC/DC, power and signal integrity, SPICE simulations)
- Knowledgeable in digital communication (I2C, USB, SPI, TDM, PDM)
- Working experience in electrical design, including component selection, circuit design, schematic capture, component placement and PCB/flex layout
- Relevant subsystem exposure in power, acoustic, sensor, display, wireless, touch and camera, integration with System-on-Chip or microcontrollers
- Working knowledge of standard methodologies in PCB design, including stack up, impedance control and noise coupling
- Strong communication, written and verbal interpersonal skills necessary to collaborate with a variety of technical teams at Apple
- Ability to drive concept work independently and determine necessary figures of merit to draw conclusions
- Ability to work with cross-geographic team members, using any and all forms of communication to be part of the larger team
As a Hardware Engineer in the Hardware Integration team, you will collaborate with multi-functional teams to design EE solutions that meet functional and performance objectives. You will generate block diagrams, capture schematic and BOM, as well as work with PCB designers with multi-functional input to arrive at prototype and mass-production-ready designs. The bring-up and validation plans that you design and implement will ensure the Apple products will be reliably enjoyed by millions of users. You will rely on lab equipment in debugging various issues as you work towards understanding root cause. Occasionally travel to partner facilities overseas to support engineering build activities will be required.
Education & Experience
BS in electrical engineering or computer engineering required.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.