Sr. Frontend Engineer - Online Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Apple Online Store (AOS) is where tens of millions of customers buy iPhones, Macs, iPads and Watches every year. The AOS Frontend team is looking for a highly creative, detail oriented frontend engineer to lead the web application development. You will join a world class team and collaborate cross-functionally with other teams around the world.
- HTML: You understand that HTML is a powerful technology, one that is not frozen in time. You have a solid grounding in using HTML correctly to support accessibility and to optimize asset loading on the page.
- You have experience working with advanced CSS features and can provide technological leadership around safely evolving large CSS code bases towards new technologies.
- HTTP: You understand the the central role HTTP plays in website performance and security. You have working knowledge of newer HTTP standards and what those technologies actually bring to the table.
- Web Performance: You have a strong mental model of how HTTP, HTML, CSS, and JS all work together in the browser to provide an optimal user experience. You have direct experience working with Web Vitals and browser devtools to solve performance issues.
- Communications: You can work with a diverse array of people and skillsets.
- Large project experience. (nice to have) You have a track record of driving significant positive changes inside large mission-critical code bases, particularly e-commerce sites. You are excellent at refactoring code with care, minimizing bugs and regressions.
E-commerce sites are notoriously complex to run, and thanks to the Apple Online Store’s unique design requirements, focus on privacy & security, and sheer scale, our site is no exception. If you have a fresh pair of eyes and want to make a real difference on the key entry point for the entire Apple ecosystem, we’d love to talk to you. The team is looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual, who is able to act as an accessibility expert as well as a product owner for internal tools. You will need to audit new and existing internal and external solutions, work with teams throughout the entire lifecycle of a project on new features and solutions, liaise and co-ordinate with various functions, and represent the team positively and effectively at all times. You will be a pragmatic and trustworthy individual, able to promote the best results whilst also nurturing positive relationships with all those you work with. Previous industry experience with an emphasis on accessibility would be an advantage.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.