UX Interaction Prototyper
Culver City, California, United States
Apple is working with advanced technologies to build ground-breaking new products. We are seeking a candidate that has a demonstrated history bringing new ideas to life as interactive, high-fidelity prototypes in a new medium. The candidate with be a critical contributor on an interdisciplinary team of highly-specialized researchers, engineers, and creatives. Creativity is at the heart of this position. We are excited about applicants with backgrounds as creative technologists, UX or product design prototypers, technical artists, or application developers. This role operates in concert with research scientists to help drive development of future-facing products. As a key member of this team, you will have a unique and impactful opportunity to prototype ideas for future products.
- Industry experience building immersive 3D applications, prototypes, and simulations in a variety of game engines (Unity, Unreal, Godot, etc) and Hardware
- Five or more years writing efficient and reusable code in an application programming language (Swift, C#, C++, etc).
- One or more years with a systems programming language (C, C++, Objective-C, Rust, etc).
- Experience working with 3D content creation tools such as Houdini, Maya, Blender, etc.
- Experience with rapid prototyping, with a good intuition and communication in making time vs. complexity tradeoffs
- Experience with working with Creatives and executing on Design for prototypes
- You’re a self-starter with a passion and curiosity for building with new technologies and making things better for people
- 2+ years of experience developing UI and interactive experiences for shipped products
- Software engineering skills beyond coding: source control, unit testing, debugging, documentation, continuous integration, and build systems.
- Self-directed with the ability to collaborate across the organization to gather consensus on ideas, priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
- Fluent in trends & technologies across the spatial computing space.
- AR/VR Experience is a plus.
- (Preferred) Experience collecting multimodal sensor data or instrumenting prototypes for analysis.
- (Preferred) Knowledge of qualitative & quantitative techniques in user research (e.g. subjective assessments and objective statistical measures).
In this role, you will build and prototype new experiences using evolving technologies. Your work will help shape our future products. We have a real passion for new technologies and product development, and you will work closely with other Apple designers, artists, engineers, and researchers to craft transformative, empowering experiences for Apple audiences. You should be able to balance customer needs with technical constraints to help translate and realize the team’s ideas. You will join projects at varying stages of production, ranging from research and concept, to rapid prototyping, to polishing and optimizing UI/interactions for shipping, working closely with partners to ensure a high-quality product. The role requires attention to detail, curiosity, adaptability, and thoughtfulness as you produce beautiful interactive concepts, while navigating through unusual technical challenges.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Game Design, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with SwiftUI and/or iOS development
- Knowledge of MacOS and iOS design principles
- Proficient in iterative UI/UX design, including sketches, wireframes, concept, and feature development in close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders