Senior Product Designer, Consumer Applications
Culver City, California, United States
Apple’s Applications Group is seeking a Senior Product Designer to work on consumer software applications for the Mac and iOS. You are a problem solver, quick study, self starter, who is an excellent communicator with a passion for phenomenal design and the tenacity to achieve it. You possess a unique blend of interaction as well as visual design in addition prototyping skills. We’ll provide you with opportunities and resources, with the goal of creating experiences that influence the industry, as well as people’s lives. By constantly focusing on the consumer, you’ll create products that are not only amazing to look at, but also intuitive and useful to billions of people worldwide! Join this team if you are committed to making each human interaction — visual, audial, and haptic — amazing for Apple customers.
- Experience designing desktop applications with complete mastery of MacOS and iOS.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles.
- Demonstrable fluency with Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools with the ability to do rapid prototype in Flash and HTML5.
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent collaborative skills with the capability to work in a loosely structured organization.
- Highly professional, dedicated to delivering work on a tight schedule.
From brainstorming through implementation, the Senior Product Designer will work with members of the Applications design team, as well as our engineering, marketing, and QA groups. You quickly grasp and distill highly sophisticated matters into clean, understandable solutions. The product designer is an effective diplomat with strong communication and interpersonal skills willing to prove themselves within a company of passionate individuals. The Senior Product Designer is a key player in resolving future design direction for Apple’s consumer applications. We are looking for a transformational designer who is ready to and capable of taking software design to the next level!
Education & Experience
Degree in human interaction, sociology, psychology, interaction design, visual design, or equivalent.