Sensing System HW Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Come design, develop, and launch next-generation Sensing Technologies. The Sensing Systems teams integrates MEMS, magnetic, and capacitive sensors across a variety of Apple products such as iPhones, iPads, MacBooks. Bring devices to life and enable them interact with users and the environment in ways never imagined before. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet! The sensing team is looking for someone who knows analog, has board-level design experience and is a dedicated go-getter!
- At least 2 years of relevant industry experience
- Strong electrical engineering background in analog and mixed-signal system-level circuit design
- Extensive experience in MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling tools
- Sensor and systems integration experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills
You will work on system-level prototyping, integration, characterization and validation. There will be failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving which requires experience in analog circuit simulations and data analysis. In addition, you will do schematic design of boards and flexible assemblies as well as future technology scoping and proof-of-concept investigations. Occasional business travel to support product development. Other responsibilities: - Manage multi-functional technical development of sensors - Collaborate with multi-functional teams, including Mechanical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Process Engineering, to deliver powerful sensing solutions - Ability to present to Executive Management on key developments and issues - Contribute technical assessments to strategic decision-making relating to technology and investments.
Education & Experience
MSEE w/ 2+ years experience or Ph.D in EE
- This role may be located in either San Diego or Cupertino.