Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property, by providing legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. As Privacy Counsel you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and experienced team on privacy issues impacting Apple’s business and products globally. You will work directly with business and engineering teams to design innovative privacy solutions for products as well as across the legal department on Apple activities and regulatory issues.
- Knowledge of comprehensive privacy laws, and regulatory and other guidance and standards
- Understanding of US state and federal sector-specific privacy laws
- Able to clearly organize and inform through excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to lead, take action, and provide direction in the face of ambiguity
- Experience quickly issue-spotting, analyzing, and clearly communicating privacy advice on complex legal issues
- Experience drafting and negotiating privacy related contracts
- Experience conducting ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with other compliance and operational assessment functions
- Ability to get results in diverse, fast paced environments
- Strong analytical capability with attention to detail
- Ability to partner at all levels of the organization
- Excellent academic credentials
- 4-10 years privacy experience as an associate at a premier law firm or business. In-house experience a plus but not essential.
Education & Experience
JD with 4-10 years experience in privacy and admission to at least one US state bar.