Sports Business Operations Manager
Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Come be a part of one of the most exciting and fastest-growing areas at Apple. Apple’s Services team is seeking an experienced, thoughtful, and entrepreneurial individual to help manage our growing Sports video business. This is an internal-focused role that will work with the cross-functional sports video teams to optimize the overall sports video business. You will regularly interface with senior executives and collaborate closely with teams throughout Apple to solve problems and implement programs that achieve core business objectives. The role requires a highly-motivated and adaptive self-starter to meet goals and hard deadlines. Candidates should have a proven track record of building and sustaining successful digital businesses and have a deep understanding of the streaming space and sports, including soccer. This is a full-time position and is located in either our Culver City, CA or New York, NY offices.
- Minimum 5+ years of meaningful industry work experience with a deep understanding of sports and streaming.
- Consistent record of successfully executing complex business and technical projects with both 3rd parties and cross-functionally within a large business structure.
- Strong project management capability, including the ability to build detailed timelines and hold external teams accountable for hard deadlines.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate a strong point of view clearly and succinctly; exceptional attention to detail.
- Exceptional relationship-building and interpersonal skills; ability to develop strong working partnerships inside and outside of Apple.
- Self-starter who works effectively in a fast-paced environment; is comfortable managing ambiguity while delivering results with minimal guidance.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly translate data into actionable insights; command of business and financial modeling.
- Comfort working closely with engineering and product teams to solve complicated technical challenges.
- Previous experience scaling business programs preferred.
- Energetic and collaborative teammate who never loses focus on the end consumer.
- Strong passion for sports, media, and consumer technology.
In this role, you are the business lead coordinating launches for sports partner integrations and working cross-functionally to build, track and optimize KPIs post-launch. You would consistently revise and expand our internal strategies and processes with internal teams and clearly and regularly present key findings and proposals to senior leaders. You would collaborate with teams across Apple - business, product, marketing, engineering, legal, analytics and more - to ensure technical and business objectives are met.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree required; MBA or equivalent degree preferred. The role may involve US and international travel.