Display Module Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for an outstanding Display Module Engineer to own the development and qualification activities to design and develop innovative Flat Panel Displays used in Mac products. This individual will serve as a focal point among Mac system mechanical and electrical engineering, display optical and EE team, supply management team and display vendors, leading all engineering activities vital to deliver displays into final products from initial design concept. The individual will be responsible for the display module development acting as Direct Responsible Individual
- OLED or LCD product or technology development in the mainstream display industry
- Display or system EE in the consumer electronics industry
- Optical design for display, illumination, or imaging applications
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills are required
- Confirmed track of record in OLED or LCD panel design & process in mainstream flat panel display industry is helpful.
- In-depth knowledge of TFT/OLED/LCD panel production process, and experience working directly with display vendors is preferred.
- Experience in optical module and display system integration is a plus
- Investigate up-to-date display technologies and generate innovative approaches to further improve Apple Mac display performance - Define and review the overall display module optical/electrical architecture (LCD or OLED) & performance requirements / specification - Define & implement meticulous validation plan for a total display optical performance - Display failure analysis related to LCD or OLED display module related failures to improve the performance of display - Work with system engineering team to understand system requirement and validate display modules at system level - Work with project teams and supply base throughout product development phase and support the initial product ramp - Work with multi-functional team to do failure analysis on display-related defects and front of screen issues
Education & Experience
PhD in Physics, Optics, EE or ME with proven ability of at least 3 years of experience, or MS degree and 5+ years of experience.