AR/VR Frameworks Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Technology Development Group is seeking a Software Engineer to help architect and implement networking frameworks and APIs for our next-generation interactive computing platforms. This engineer will enhance the capabilities and performance of AR/VR systems through the development of distributed systems, and a broad range of applications, including machine learning, computer vision, and multimedia processing. As a member of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day.
- We are looking for someone with a track record of API and framework development
- You have strong object-oriented programming skills in Objective-C and Swift
- You demonstrate strong communication, collaboration, and social skills
- You have proven expertise in building and shipping high quality software
- You’re self-directed and can solve problems independently
The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working in a multifaceted and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and constantly evolving domain. You will be researching and developing an entirely new application paradigm - a challenge that will demand rapid experimentation and prototyping without sacrificing code quality or attention to detail. Working closely with Apple's UI frameworks, Human Interface designers and system software teams - this role will push you to think outside-the-box, and solve incredibly ambitious and interesting problems in the AR/VR space. You will have access to a wide variety of internal frameworks and services that will allow you to build software that is deeply integrated into our operating systems.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- An interest and passion for AR/VR technologies
- Experience with iOS development is a plus
- Experience in 3D graphics, real time graphics, or 3D math is a plus