Sr. Machine Learning Engineer, Trajectory Prediction - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Apple is looking for world-class qualified ML/Deep Learning engineers to develop and integrate machine learning technologies within our Special Projects Team, focusing on autonomous technologies in a real world robotics application.
- Expertise in Python and/or C++ with a minimum of 5+ years using these languages in a machine learning (ML) research capacity
- 5+ years experience in ML and deep learning (DL)
- 3+ years of experience using ML technologies, such as PyTorch
- Expert in researching current DL literature and the math of machine learning: optimization methods, common types of models and layers, etc.
- Understanding of modern machine learning concepts and state of the art deep learning frameworks
- Strong software engineering skills to create scalable and robust infrastructure for deep learning data, modeling, and evaluation systems
- Proven ability to train and debug deep learning systems: Define metrics and datasets, performing error analysis, training models in a modern DL framework
- Passionate about building extraordinary autonomous systems
- Creative, collaborative, and project focused
- Excellent communication skills — you collaborate effectively with other teams and communicate clearly about your work
- Experience with CNNs, GNNs, Transformers, RNNs, LSTMs
As a member of the team, you will work on a hardware/software project enabled by the ML technologies you build. Our team pursues research & development in the areas of machine learning (ML) with a particular focus on deep learning (DL), optimization, and reinforcement learning (RL). You will work on one of the most challenging technical problems of today and develop cutting-edge deep learning solutions for predicting probabilistic multimodal future trajectories of agents. In particular, you will research and prototype a variety of experiments to push the current state of the art, optimize and deploy models to ensure realtime capabilities, and design and implement a robust evaluation framework to iteratively push progress over time. You’ll also join a phenomenal team of hardworking engineers and researchers with deep experience in robotics, machine learning, and software engineering. We hope you’re passionate about the values that drive us: • Passion for the mission: We’re here to make something great. We tackle whatever work is right for the product and strive for the best possible results. • Humility: The right answer is more important than being right. We search for solutions as a team and value clear-eyed feedback. • Lean habits: You can’t grow without limits. Time constraints and big goals encourage us to sharpen our focus and learn to make great decisions.
Education & Experience
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Machine Learning, Robotics, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
- Preferred Experience:
- • Experience in applying deep learning to robotics problems and predicting multimodal behaviors for agents
- • Experience with hardware specific optimization of ML models and deployment