Service Reliability Engineering (SRE), Data Infra
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Software and Services
- 4+ years of running services in a large scale *nix environment.
- Understanding of SRE principles and goals along with prior on-call experience
- Experience and understanding on scaling, capacity planning and disaster recovery
- Fast learner with excellent analytical problem solving and interpersonal skills
- The ability to design, author, and release code in any language (Go, Python, Ruby or Java would be a plus)
- Deep understanding and experience in one or more of the following - Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, AWS, Ansible, Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra
- Experience working on supporting Java applications
- Experience using monitoring and logging solutions like Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk etc.
- Familiarity with DNS, HTTP, message queues, queueing theory, RPC frameworks, datastore
The Service Reliability Engineer (SRE) role in Apple Media Products (AMP) requires a mix of strategic engineering and design along with hands-on, technical work. This SRE will configure, tune, and fix multi-tiered systems to achieve optimal application performance, stability and availability. We work closely with the systems engineers, network engineers, database administrators, monitoring team and information security team. Responsibilities include: Be primary point of contact for the data pipeline that involves Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra etc and infrastructure components. Ensure Service level SLAs are met write, review and develop code and documentation that solves the hardest problems that live on some of the largest and most sophisticated systems in the world. Engage and improve life cycle of service from inception and design, to deployment, operation, and migration. Passion for quality and automation, ability to understand sophisticated systems and a desire to constantly make things better. Set priorities and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment measure and optimize system performance. Experience working with geographically distributed teams and implement high level projects and migrations. Strong communication skills and ability deliver results on time with high quality. If you love designing, running systems and infrastructure that will impact millions of users then this is the place for you!
Education & Experience
Bachelors in engineering, computer science or other technical fields plus 5 years of related experience.