Internal Communications Strategist - AppleCare Support Communications
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! AppleCare’s Support Communications team is looking for an experienced strategist to oversee internal communication planning and drive delivery of programs. The Internal Communications Strategist, will work with internal partners to help advise, develop, produce and implement communication programs targeted towards AppleCare’s global employees. Responsibilities include developing communication plans and driving updates of plans and delivery with partners, tracking project status, managing project achievements, identifying bottlenecks, scheduling key reviews, presentation set-up and driving workflow and tool alignment among the group. This position can be located on- site in Austin, TX or Sacramento, CA or Raleigh, NC.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years working with teams in a multinational environment
- Past experience in managing multi-market projects will be preferred
- Strong understanding of Apple’s applications; Mail, Numbers, Keynote, Pages and Calendar
- Outstanding project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Flexibility in accommodating rapid change
- Strong content strategy and planning background
- Ability to be proactive and problem solve
- Proven ability to create and implement new department workflows, tools, and systems
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience working in a communications, marketing, or creative department
- Understanding and appreciation of the content development process
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, matrix organization
- Must be able to multi-task, with proven effectiveness working under pressure
- Attention to detail, whilst understanding the bigger picture
- With guidance from the Communications Manager, create and manage master FY Roadmap for communications team by quarter.
- Drive project milestones with team from project approval, through strategic development, content development and production to completion.
- Ensure schedules and roadmaps are communicated and shared with all stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the job will include: Work closely with Communications Manager through planning process and update them regularly to manage resource allocation and changes. Set up and facilitate weekly team huddles and status meetings, tracking action items. Set up and facilitate monthly huddle meetings with key business clients including project managers, change managers and senior leaders to ensure all communications needs are planned and scoped for. Work with Communications Manager to prioritize and align team on daily, weekly, monthly focus, working together to solve conflicts ahead of time. Manage the scheduling and agenda for Communications stakeholder status reviews. Work with Communications Manager and Team to define communications development process and structure of reviews specific to project needs. Facilitate communications team lead reviews and all connection points including scope, attendees, location, facilities, materials. Ensure that project materials are captured and archived. Connect with Cross Functional and Production partners to share updates during communications development phase. When in reviews, take meeting notes and align with Communications Manager to distribute as needed. Manage team server logistics: set-up, communication, disclosure lists, folders, organization. Provide back-up support to comms team specialists in drafting and publishing communications during times of high traffic.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent working experience.