Software Development Engineer in Test - AR Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we strive to build the best products and experiences that enrich people’s lives. Apple’s Technology Development Group (TDG) is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the Augmented Reality (AR) support offered in ARKit. This position requires strong technical ownership and attention to detail. As a valued member of our dynamic organization, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft new products and experiences that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day!
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Experience in automating tests for Applications at both the UI and non-UI levels.
- Demonstrated productivity writing & maintaining automation frameworks, tests, tools & scripts.
- Strong objective oriented programming skills preferably in Python, Swift.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with test methodologies (integration/performance/feature testing).
- Creative problem solver with a knack for building scalable automation in a collaborative space while re-using existing solutions when possible.
- Strong passion for quality assurance in software, including developing, extending and understanding test frameworks and libraries.
- Ability to proactively triage and investigate difficult problems independently.
- Highly organized with strong planning skills to estimate, update and communicate progress.
- Knowledge of Dashboards, Apple Platform development using Xcode, XCUITest, and Swift preferred but not required.
In this role, you will be responsible for shipping world-class user experiences and act as the voice of our end-users. As an Applications Test Automation Engineer, you will help with developing and maintaining automated test suites for exercising various features of AR Applications and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance. This role require strong programming fundamentals and automation experience to help develop in all phases of the release cycle. You will be responsible for designing and maintaining automation frameworks which involves deep integration and close collaboration with a cross-functional team of Software Development & QA engineers, architects, program managers and other Apple QA teams. Responsibilities include defining and implementing the automation framework, monitoring CI performance & test results analysis, maintaining reporting for test cases and results. In this role you should be able to identify the gaps in the existing automation test cases and close them with long-term focus in mind. Build QA test plans and cases with the goal of 100% automation and to complement the manual testing efforts. You will be responsible for driving all the quality work you're doing and also be a strong advocate for quality in the overall Software development process. This position requires a self-motivated and dynamic individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent professional experience.