Hardware Development Tech Lead - Display & Optics Module
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a highly motivated hardware tech lead engineer to join Panel Process and Optics (PPO) Engineering Team to work on technology development of new display and optical module architectures for future Apple products. The tech lead engineer will be working in a highly technical, multi-disciplinary, fast paced team from Apple’s Module Technology Center (MTC). The candidate is expected to work efficiently and smartly to bringup new module concepts and technologies to enable next generations of product architectures. Projects will require abilities to plan systemically for technology proof-of-concept work, doing hands-on rapid experimentation and prototyping without sacrificing quality or attention to detail, and transferring scalable solutions to MP product teams. This is a hands-on interdisciplinary development role that will require versatility across a variety of tasks in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience in driving technology development projects in R&D environment or similar early-phase stages
- Hands-on experience in designing, building and optimizing mechanical / optical / electrical systems and prototypes.
- Demonstrated experience in process development, characterization, and data analysis to enable, improve and realize new design architectures
- Good technical communication to drive cross-functional planning & alignment, demonstrate development results or communicate technical issues to executive managements.
- Experience / skills in one or more of the following fields:
- Mechanical: 3D CAD (i.e. NX, Solidworks), FEA simulation (i.e. Ansys, Comsol, Abaqus), GD&T, and manufacturing materials & techniques.
- Optical systems: Opto-mechanical system, Metrology, Optical Simulation (i.e. Zemax)
- Electrical & Programming: Control systems and software interface (i.e. Labview, Python), Mechatronics and robotics, Sensing technology and integrations.
- Data analysis: Data processing and visualization using Matlab, Python, JMP, or similar tools.
- Passion for innovation and motivated to constantly learn new areas and skills to expand knowledge and scope
▪Define work scope, drive technical directions, and make systematic development plan to establish fundamental engineering learnings and meet product interception schedule. ▪Initiate new module technologies to enable challenging design architectures in display and optics. ▪Hands-on design, build, test, and refine hardware prototypes and systems in MTC’s labs to enable critical technology proof-of-concept and convergence. ▪Hands-on drive process development in MTC's labs, including resource and DOE planning, empirical validation trials, data analysis and visualization, parameter optimization, and realistic risk assessment. ▪Collaboratively work with cross-functional teams to plan and align the development strategy, and demonstrate technical results / issues to executives.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. degree in relevant engineering field with minimum 5 years of experience is required.