Senior Software Engineer - Device and Software Analytics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
How are Apple devices used and how can they be improved? What kinds of problems do our users experience? These are the kinds of questions the Software Engineering Data Analytics org answers. We are looking for an Senior Software Engineer to join us in developing our OS data collection tools, daemons and services. The ideal candidate will be someone experienced in developing embedded systems software with an interest in data collection techniques. SWE Data Analytics collects, stores, and analyzes diagnostics and usage data from Apple devices across the world, always keeping user privacy at the forefront. Our data is used to generate insights that inform and drive product strategies across all of software and hardware development. We develop and operate a variety of on device software and Big Data products and applications in support of these goals. These systems process multiple petabytes and tens of billions of messages per day across many different data types.
- Experience in designing and building OS level software with its concomitant constraints and requirements.
- Expert level experience with one of the following languages and related development tools: C++, Objective-C, Swift.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively across multiple business and technical teams.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure while maintaining a high level of quality and professionalism.
We are looking for an expert Senior Software Engineer to join us in developing the applications, daemons an APIs which are responsible for many different types of on-device (iOS, macOS) data collection. This software ultimately lives on millions of devices worldwide and is the foundation for Apple Software Engineering's OS and Application data collection.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Strong systems software design skills
- Experience mentoring junior engineers