Sr. Safety Engineer, Special Projects Group
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
SPG group is looking for an exceptional engineer with multi-disciplinary product development experience with safety critical systems such as high voltage safety, battery safety, mechanical safety as well as experience in hazard and risk analysis and requirements development. You will work in a highly cross functional environment creating system requirements, identifying hazards & performing risk analyses and mitigations for safety issues early in the design/development process. You will collaborate closely with a variety of teams to ensure designs are implemented, verified, and validated according to system requirements and safety targets. You will also provide guidance to and create policy for the safe development, build and testing of new technologies.
- Assessing safety critical system designs
- Assessing high voltage systems design safety
- Assessing mechanical system design safety
- Performing Hazard Analysis and/or Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Providing regulatory and standards guidance and interpretations for compliance and strategic planning
- Developing research and test plans to support safety arguments for interpretation, exemptions or to support regulatory change
Preferred additional experience: Working with government agencies and policy makers Representing a company’s interests to various trade associations Description and Responsibilities: Create policy for the program to follow in the areas of your expertise Develop safety plans and requirements for systems, subsystems and component testing Develop safety arguments including testing methods and validation criteria
Education & Experience
Degree in engineering Minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical background
- EEO Statement:
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.