Sr. Software Engineer - Apple Media Products
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Media Products (AMP) Data Services Team is looking for extraordinary engineers to design and build best of breed systems for dealing with our complex and ever-growing data and infrastructure needs. We are a key part of the Apple ecosystem, supporting millions of users and billions of transactions. We're looking for someone ready to work at huge scale and have a hand in bringing amazing new products and services to market.
- Extensive professional software development experience in Java and/or C++ with strong understanding of Object oriented concepts and design
- Experience and deep understanding with distributed data stores like Kafka, Cassandra, Redis, Solr etc.
- Strong production debugging and performance tuning skills
- Deep understanding of data architecture and related problems.
- Experience working on complex problems and distributed systems where scalability and performance are extremely important (every millisecond counts)
- Should be independent and able to effectively work with cross functional teams
- Our customers love what we do at Apple and we want the same from our engineers - Passion for building the best systems!
The Apple Media Products Engineering team supports tens of millions of pieces of content in more than 150 markets enjoyed by hundreds of millions of users, which powers various features within the Apple client applications - App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV+, iTunes, iBooks, Podcast, etc. We've got unique and growing needs for data storage and consumption. You will help building the next generation infrastructural and platform services, which provide and support abilities like structured and unstructured storage, caching, queueing and much more. You'll collaborate cross-functionally with various AMP teams, from store and commerce through to search and recommendations, creating services and infrastructure platforms and pipelines that can rapidly scale and serve personalized and non-personalized data with very low latency. You should be someone who is not afraid to question assumptions, is a good team player under tight deadlines and tackles problems with elegant technical solutions. Here you’ll find that we: • Have a peaceful work environment where you can choose when to socialize and when to focus. • Provide technical guidance and mentorship as needed • Have an encouraging and growth-focused workplace culture. • Encourage you to use accrued vacation time and maintain a healthy work-life balance. • Offer excellent benefits.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expertise in the following areas is a huge plus but not required:
- • Experience in designing and implementing RESTful API and services, gRPC is a plus.