Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst, SEAR
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Security Engineering & Architecture (SEAR) provides operating system security foundations across all of Apple’s innovative products, including Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. As part of our efforts to protect our users, Apple is looking for a world-class senior threat intelligence analyst to join a team of security researchers and threat intelligence analysts who work together and cross-functionally to inform efforts to solve security engineering challenges, with an emphasis on supporting decisions that provide the greatest long-term security and privacy. The success we are striving for is the result of very skilled people working in an environment that cultivates creativity, partnership, and solving old problems in new ways. Protecting over a billion endpoints. Operationalizing security research and threat intelligence into security engineering decisions affecting every layer of the stack. Touching the lives of everyone who interacts with our products. Working for a company whose commitment to user privacy is at the heart of everything it does. Being surrounded by the most creative, passionate, hardworking engineers in the industry. Constantly being challenged to go beyond the norm to find new, innovative ways of solving problems and to make software safer, easier, and more fun to use. You can find all of this in one opportunity, and only at Apple.
- Intellectually curious team player with a genuine passion for finding, understanding, and mitigating cyber threats.
- In-depth understanding of the threat intelligence cycle and cyber operations.
- Minimum of 7 years experience conducting threat research, preferably as a technical lead.
- Experience in analyzing highly-complex threat actor campaigns, including infrastructure, malware, and victim endpoints.
- Ability to distill complex problems into manageable tasks and then drive those tasks to completion.
- Some knowledge of macOS and iOS internals.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Growth mindset, thrives in fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Proven history of successfully working on solo and group projects (experience with virtual/remote collaboration is a plus).
You will have a broad set of skills that make you successful as threats continue to evolve, capable of analyzing cyber threats to our users’ devices. Our environment fosters innovation, rapid solution development, and a liberating amount of autonomy in which you will be expected to work with security engineers and researchers in order to quickly bring to market new security methods and technologies addressing the complex needs of mobile and distributed computing. - Provide input into development of security technologies. - Analyze and understand advanced cyber actors, capabilities, and techniques. - Analyze and understand exploit proliferation in gray markets. - Collaborate with security researchers to contextualize cyber threat intelligence for decision makers and work cooperatively to drive solutions. - Work with security engineers in designing innovative mitigations to cyber threats while preserving privacy, ease-of-use, and user experience. - Work closely with external partners in support of cyber threat intelligence activities. - Remote work, with occasional travel.
Education & Experience