Senior iOS Software Engineer (AR/VR Applications)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for a Senior iOS Software Engineer to help us build cutting-edge applications for our next-generation interactive computing platforms. Imagine yourself driving the development of amazing applications built on top of Apple’s most advanced technologies, while developing your expertise in Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR). As a core senior member of our team, your will leverage your expertise in building iOS apps to own the architecture and execution of complex and novel features; while working alongside your peers. You will also collaborate closely with organizations across Apple (Human Interface, Frameworks, etc.) to design and implement apps that will delight, inspire, and empower millions of users.
- Extensive track record of building and shipping complex and delightful applications or user-facing systems for Apple platforms (macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, tvOS).
- Deep knowledge of Apple's development frameworks and technologies in Swift or ObjC.
- Extensive experience in modern software engineering practices (Object-oriented programming, functional programming, declarative user interfaces, test driven-development, etc).
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Detail-oriented approach to planning, execution, and maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to collaborate successfully with peers from diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Ability to drive results in a fast-paced and agile organization.
Apps and experiences are at the core of unleashing the potential of AR/VR on Apple's platforms. As a member of our team, you will be at the forefront of ideating, developing, and shipping groundbreaking experiences that build on top of the unique capabilities of AR and VR across a variety of areas. Our applications engineering team is uniquely positioned at the intersection of design, frameworks, operating systems, and low-level software — by joining us you will work closely with peers across these functions to deliver life-changing products to our customers. The ideal senior engineer for this role brings to bear proven expertise in shipping high-quality apps built with Apple's technologies. You thrive in a dynamic and agile organization charted with trailblazing the new medium of AR/VR. You love answering questions through prototyping and experimentation, and then translating these answers into shipping code that touches the lives of millions of customers. You lead by example by deploying best-practices, and advocate for quality in your work and the work of others. You respect debate and enjoy working within groups of different technical and non-technical backgrounds and diverse opinions.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- Optional: Deep expertise in UIKit, SwiftUI, and/or Core Animation.
- Optional: Familiarity with rendering APIs (RealityKit, Metal, etc).
- Optional: Familiarity with ARKit.
- Optional: Familiarity with game engine design and 3D rendering.
- Optional: Strong 3D math/linear algebra fundamentals.
- Optional: Experience in prototyping of user-facing features and working with designers.
- Optional: Proven track record of designing and building pleasant User Experiences.
- Optional: Experience in mentoring and/or providing technical leadership to groups of engineers.