Machine Learning Engineer, Planning - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Apple is looking for a world-class qualified ML/Deep Learning engineers to develop and integrate machine learning technologies within our Special Projects Team, focusing on autonomous technologies in a robotics environment. You will join a team of excellent researchers and software engineers, where you will be able to combine your knowledge of traditional robotics, software engineering, and modern machine learning to shape future Apple Systems. You will work on one of the most challenging technical problems of our time, and develop solutions that will make an impact.
- In-depth expertise in deep learning (DL), statistical machine learning (ML), and reinforcement learning (RL)
- Familiar with current DL literature and the math of machine learning: optimization methods, common types of models and layers, etc.
- Ability to train and debug deep learning systems: Define metrics and datasets, performing error analysis, training models in a modern DL framework
- Excellent programming skills in Python, C/C++ is a plus
- Passionate about building extraordinary autonomous systems
As a member of the team, you will work on a hardware/software systems enabled by the ML technologies you build. Our team pursues research & development in the areas of machine learning (ML) with a particular focus on deep learning (DL), optimization, and reinforcement learning (RL). You will work on one of the most challenging technical problems of today, and develop new ML solutions that will impact and enable future Apple Systems. You’ll join a fantastic team of talented engineers and researchers with deep experience in robotics, machine learning, and software engineering. You will research and develop innovative ML strategies for challenging problems that will affect future Apple Systems.
Education & Experience
- PhD or Masters degree in Machine Learning, Robotics, Statistics, Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience.