Field Support Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Why Apple? At Apple, we believe our products begin with our people. By hiring a diverse team we drive creative thought. By giving that team everything they need we drive innovation. By hiring incredible engineers we drive precision. And through our collaborative process we build memorable experiences for our customers! A job at Apple is unlike any other you've had. You'll be challenged. You'll be inspired. And you'll be proud. If you are a self-motivated team player, who thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, passionate about building phenomenal products and learning new technologies, this is the job for you. In order to better take on the challenge of a constantly evolving world, we are looking for a Field Support Engineer to help our Maps Operations team. This hybrid role will support and shape the tools they need for making our maps better every day.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with others.
- Strong systems engineering background.
- Working experience with formulating user stories and agile project planning.
- Ability to understand complex software systems and to explain them in simple words.
- Experience with asset management and logistics tools.
- Experience with geospatial data.
- Self-driven individual with excellent time and project management skills and sense of urgency.
- Strong analytic skills, process and documentation discipline.
- Able to travel if needed.
- Exposure to scripting languages and ability to create small purpose built tools is a plus.
- Experience with SQL and python is a plus.
- Experience using client and device management tools such as Mobile Device Management software is a plus.
- Experience with integrating, aiding support for and troubleshooting Apple products in dynamic environments is a plus.
As a Field Support Engineer you will help to support and improve software that enable our operations team to work towards a constantly improving map experience. You will work closely with the operations team on the one hand and engineering teams on the other hand to shape the tools we need to face the operational challenges ahead. You are expected to formulate and communicate technical requirements and user stories for all aspects of our operations team. You should be able to weigh tool development cost against manual work and guide both operations and engineering to get the right things done in time when they are needed.
Education & Experience
BS in relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.