Manager, Live Sports - Editorial Production
New York City, New York, United States
At Apple, our best work happens when extraordinary people meet extraordinary opportunity. Together in that rare context, we craft products and experiences that change the world, quickly becoming parts of our customers’ lives they couldn’t imagine ever having lived without. As Manager, Live Sports - Editorial Production in Apple's video services team, you will play a pivotal role in crafting how millions of consumers around the world discover and enjoy the best live sports experiences in the Apple TV app. It's a particularly exciting time to join our team as we are committed to the notion that a story well-told, well-visualized, and well-experienced, on a rapidly-expanding digital platform, can change the lives of those it reaches for the better. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team of incredibly hardworking producers whose charter is to define, refine, uphold, and advance the experience of discovering and consuming the best content in the world on Apple’s Video Platform.
- Excellent social, communication, and written skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Deep familiarity with the Apple ecosystem (Mac OS X, iOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, iBookstore, Podcasts, iTunes U, Trailers, Apple TV, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of iWork and Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to both lead and follow
- Proven track record to lead high-profile projects within short timeframes
- Proven ability to adapt to change seamlessly
- Well versed in digital entertainment trends and live sports
- Flexible in working days and hours - including off-hours, weekends
- Proven ability to mentor and manage a team of individual contributors, with 2+ years people management experience
The Manager, Live Sports - Editorial Production on Apple’s video services team is the definitive production leader for all editorial projects within the live sports experience. They will lead and define major projects and milestones for a wide range of worldwide teams including design, UI, editorial, localization, content programming, and marketing to ensure that projects in the live sports pipeline are kicked off and completed on time and as expected. They will work on high-pressure projects with various stakeholders. They must manage the live sports production pipeline, set overall production vision for live sports, be flexible as priorities shift but also keep sight of deadlines and launch dates. The ideal candidate will hit the ground running. Seeking a proven track record of people management and cross-functional team management, while exercising the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality. Responsible for juggling relationships with several types of personalities, and operating with a focused sense of urgency.
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree; 8-10+ years related work experience