APAC Ergonomics Program Lead
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Occupational Health Ergonomics team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our partners in their mission to develop amazing products. Apple Inc. has an excellent opportunity for a full-time, Ergonomics lead, based in Singapore, and supporting locations throughout APAC region (e.g., Japan, South Korea, Australia, Thailand, Vietnam). As a key member of the Occupational Health team, this position will be responsible for implementing, sustaining and improving the ergonomics program and supporting occupational health and safety initiatives for these locations. Providing high quality, innovative services while working in a fast paced, high energy, team-oriented environment. The preferred candidate will have a wide range of ergonomics experience in industrial, lab, and office settings. The candidate should demonstrate an ability to work on their own initiative, have demonstrated strong technical ergonomics skills, project management, process strong social skills and have an ability to work collaboratively with teams based at different locations.
- 5+ years' experiences in the performing and conducting ergonomics risk assessments in industrial and office settings.
- Experience managing and/or responsibilities implementing ergonomics programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of biomechanics, musculoskeletal anatomy, and ergonomics engineering principles, as well as manual material handling principles.
- Familiarity with quantitative ergonomics risk-assessment techniques. Experience using measurement tools and and use of various evaluation tools (e.g., RULA, REBA, NIOSH Lift Equation, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, concise and technically correct written work products and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team, and communicate effectively with health and safety professionals, management team and workforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, analytical, and influencing/interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to initiate and sustain productive business relationships.
- Excellent project management skills, including the identification and scheduling of project deliverables, milestones, tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to effectively work across a broad spectrum of functions within business units.
- Validated presentation skills with ability to present technical information and concepts in a clear and concise manner virtually and in-person.
- Good problem solving skills with ability to develop new ideas in order to provide innovative solutions
- Implement, drive, and grow the ergonomics program across the APAC region. - Work with Global Ergonomics Program manager and site EHS leads to ensure customer happiness, lead-time, and product quality are acceptable. - Review and assess program compliance with local regulations. - Perform office ergonomics evaluations, risk assessments, conduct group training and workshops, development and marketing of the ergonomics program. - Support industrial ergonomics risk assessments, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and solution development. - Respond to service requests from customers as the needs for solutions, products and technology change. Help ensure customer happiness, lead-time, and product quality are acceptable. - Provide employee education and mentor in safe work practices to prevent injury and illness. - Maintain current knowledge of preferred ergonomics tools (e.g., chairs, input devices, risers, etc). - Work with engineering and design teams to develop solutions to identified ergonomics challenges. - Provide technical support to clients through activities such as rearranging workplace fixtures to reduce physical hazards or discomfort or modifying task sequences to reduce cycle time. - Recommend workplace changes to improve health and safety, using knowledge of potentially harmful factors, such as heavy loads or repetitive motion. - Review health, safety, accident, or worker compensation records to evaluate safety program efficiency or to identify jobs with high incidents of injury. - Travel as required in support of regional locations. The successful candidate will continually anticipate opportunities for process improvement and be able to effectively communicate the benefits of any program improvements.
Education & Experience
- Human Factors and Ergonomics, Biomechanics, industrial engineering, Kinesiology, or related Engineering or Science Degree - Minimum of 3+ years experience providing ergonomics services to a variety of work environments (e.g., office, lab, warehouse, and manufacturing) - Certification in Ergonomics is preferred (e.g., CEES, CEAS, AOEE, etc.); professional certification (e.g., CPE/CIE) is a plus