Display Module Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our Display Technologies group, you’ll help ensure our products’ displays work beautifully through the successful design, fabrication, & implementation of components in Apple devices. We are looking for a Display Module/Optical Engineer to lead the development and qualification activities to design and develop innovative Flat Panel Displays used in iPad and MacBook products from initial concept to mass production. Through touch and sight, these displays are how millions of Apple customers connect with our products every single day. Together, you’ll collaborate with multifunctional teams across Apple to make each interaction a magical experience to see and touch.
- The candidate will need to have minimum 3 years of hands-on experience and proven track record in the design and development of Flat Panel Displays.
- Proven ability to perform OLED / micro-LED design & validation is a must.
- Experiences in developing and manufacturing high volume display products preferred.
- Proven track of record in OLED panel design & process in mainstream flat panel display industry.
- In-depth knowledge of TFT, driving circuit, cell design and production process of OLED and micro LED
- Experience in working directly with mainstream display vendors is helpful.
- Excellent project management abilities, as well as written and verbal communication skills and people skills are required.
This individual will serve as a focal point among system mechanical / EE team, display optical / EE team and display vendors, and leading all related engineering activities to deliver displays into final products from initial design concept. You will build the overall display module acting as the directly responsible individual. - Investigate up-to-date display technologies and generate innovative ways to further improve display optical performance. - Define and review the overall module optical and electrical architecture (OLED or micro-LED) & performance requirements and specification - Define & implement a meticulous validation plan for all display optical performances - Work with the system engineering team to understand and validate display modules at system level - Collaborate with project teams and vendors throughout product development phase - Work with a multi-functional team to do failure analysis on OLED and micro-LED defects and front-of-screen issues
Education & Experience
PhD, MS, or BS in Physics, Optics, EE or ME with at least 3 years of experience. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.