AIML - Software Engineer (Knowledge Construction), Siri and Language Technologies
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Apple’s Knowledge Platform powers features across a variety of Apple products including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. The Knowledge Platform team works on creating and maintaining the pipelines to build the Knowledge Graph which integrates data assets from various heterogeneous sources into a unified knowledge representation. We work on problems at the intersection of large scale data management and machine learning, while deploying solutions to a modern cloud-based infrastructure with an advanced technology stack.
- Background in computer science: algorithms, data structures, and distributed systems
- Experience working in a cloud-native environment such as AWS
- Experience working with large-scale data processing pipelines (Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience with micro-service architecture in a containerized environment (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines for building, testing, and deploying code (Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with observability tools for monitoring applications (Prometheus, DataDog, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with Scala, Python and Go is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work independently as well as in a team
Apple’s Knowledge Platform team is looking for a talented, result-oriented, creative problem-solver System Engineer who can help manage and maintain large-scale, data-driven systems to enable the growth of the Knowledge Platform. As a member of this team you will be responsible for building tools and systems for knowledge construction, infrastructure management, deploying and monitoring micro-services and continuous integration frameworks. You will also be responsible for managing and deploying self-serve features allowing teams across Apple to use the Knowledge Platform.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace