Graphics Hardware Verification Engineer
Orlando, Florida, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex problems? Do you intrinsically see importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining the Apple GPU group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this role, you will be leading block and sub-system level pre-silicon RTL verification of embedded graphics cores. You will also collaborate with members of other fields and top validation teams to ensure that system level concerns are baked into our verification flows, and that our IPs are efficiently integrated into the full system.
- We would like you to have 10+ years of relevant experience including:
- Strong background in verification of sophisticated hardware at system or component level with ability to debug issues across hardware and software.
- Solid understanding of Computer Architecture and Memory sub-system micro-architecture.
- Expertise with various HDL simulators and waveform viewers
- Strong experience defining coverage space, writing functional coverage, analyzing results.
- Deep understanding of both RTL and gate-level simulation issues.
- Able to lead engineering teams in navigating aggressive schedules and delivering high quality IP.
- Able to mentor junior engineers and transfer crucial skills.
- Experience in GPU architecture and OpenGL/CL is a plus
- Experience with Python, Perl, Shell scripting, Makefiles, TCL is a plus.
- Experience with Formal Verification techniques and tools such as JasperGold is a plus.
As a Senior Graphics Core Hardware Verification Engineer, you will be tasked with the following: - Apply your knowledge of hardware description languages (VHDL/Verilog), hardware verification languages (SystemVerilog), and logic simulators to verify sophisticated GPU RTL designs. - Lead teams of engineers in delivering well-verified IP. - Collaborate with architecture, design and modeling teams to converge on design specification. - Develop and drive verification plans, schedules and reviews. Architect test benches using sophisticated OOP, UVM and vertical reuse techniques. - Provide technical mentorship to junior engineers on DV methodology. - Generate constrained random and advised tests to implement verification plan. - Run simulations and debug issues across hardware and software. - Deploy Formal Verification techniques to complement simulation flows. - Build functional coverage, analyze coverage, and improve test environment to target coverage holes. - Build automated verification flows such as ML-assisted coverage closure for graphics core verification. - Collaborate with peer IP, SW, and top DV teams to ensure that all validation aspects are accounted for.
Education & Experience
BS + minimum of 10 years of experience