RF System Integration Engineer – Cellular Technologies
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Join us in creating the best products in the world, crafting best techniques and methodologies that enhance user experience. The System RF group at Apple is growing rapidly and looking to onboard individuals with passion for wireless tech, eagerness to learn and who want to collaborate with the brightest minds to bring forth exciting products that enrich people's lives. You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering finesse, creativity and innovation. You will be responsible for integration of the RF sub-system into multiple products, perform in-depth data analysis, assess design maturity and make contributions to current and future design. Interact and work closely with teams from hardware, software and systems across Apple as well as chipset and instrument vendors. You will develop techniques, algorithms, and methods to guarantee consistent and reliable wireless performance on Apple products. The scope of work spans both sub 6GHz and mmWave development. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish!
- Solid understanding of RF fundamentals and communication theory.
- Experience programming in C/C++ with good object oriented design principals
- Good understanding of RF metrics and knowledge of cellular standards including LTE and 5G (PHY)
- Hands-on Experience with RF/Wireless lab equipment like call box testers, spectrum analyzers, etc
- Energy and drive to thrive in a dynamic environment
As a RF systems integration engineer, you will help productize the wireless solutions in Apple’s products by authoring scalable software and applying strong engineering fundamentals. You will be responsible for validating and characterizing wireless system performance. Examples of activities you may be involved in are: - Design, implement and execute methods/experiments to validate cellular performance - Develop algorithms and scalable software in C/C++ to control the modem and test equipment - Perform data analysis and extract relevant insights into maturity of the design - Work with vendors to define requirements, drive new feature development and resolve issues.
Education & Experience
BSEE required, MSEE preferred
- - Recent experience with automation, scripting and development of test plans
- - Familiarity with data processing and statistical tools
- - Good understanding of cellular 3GPP (2G/3G/4G/5G) RF standards
- - Experience with RF-Transceiver/Baseband Physical & Layer 1 control
- - Strong technical background in 5g-NR/LTE/UMTS physical layer