CPU Power Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, hard-working people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products! The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver groundbreaking Apple products! We are looking for a strong candidate to join our CPU team focusing on power modeling and reduction, prototyping and correlating pre-silicon expectations with post silicon measurements. In this highly visible role, you will be interfacing with multiple disciplines, with a critical impact on getting power efficient products to millions of customers quickly.
- Minimum BS
- The ideal candidate should have broad knowledge related to software, operating systems, computer system organization, circuit analysis and logic design.
- Familiarity with high performance CPU architecture
- Knowledge of logic design principles along with timing and power implications
- Solid C programming and perl/python scripting experience
- Strong CMOS design and analysis skills
- Experience with lab measurement instrumentation is a plus.
As a CPU power engineer, you will have the following responsibilities: - Generate and drive new ideas in micro-architecture and/or circuits to reduce CPU power - Drive budgeting, measurements and analysis of CPU power for several use cases - Work with micro-architects and physical designers to study power reduction opportunities - Pre and post silicon power modeling and measurement across several use cases on current and future CPU designs - Work with software and platform teams to optimize CPU power efficiency and usage of power management features. - Drive power management feature definition and silicon tuning
Education & Experience